Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A little about Amelia...my ONE MONTH OLD!

One month old?? Really?? Such a grown up and mature young woman!

Amelia's stats:

Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz
Length: 21 in


She is generally the most content little baby! She is just fine hanging out with us. She has had a little grumpy phase recently in the evenings, but I think she is getting over it. 


She sleeps for 4 to 5 hours after I put her down at night, then sleeps another 4 or 5 hours after eating. She prefers to sleep in our bed and if she wakes up in her bed, she freaks out. She peeks a lot to see if we are still there.

She generally doesn't fuss unless she is hungry. Sometimes that hunger hits suddenly and she is STARVING and will let you know!! 

Jordan is her favorite person in the world! She will find him in the room as soon as he starts talking and if she is unhappy, he makes her calm down so quickly.

She fits perfectly in her newborn clothes and her 0-3 month clothes are finally not super ridiculously big. She has the longest, skinniest feet...well everything about her is long and skinny, really!!

She loves to be in her car seat and really loves to be in the car! 

She smiles a lot in her sleep and has been really close to a real smile while awake! 

Bath time is the most relaxing thing in the world! She lays back and kicks her feet up and hangs out in there for as long as we let her... really like 20 minutes! She can be screaming but when she gets in the water, she is so calm!


Jordan calls her little girl 90% of the time. I call her Millie or Amelia and my new fave is Mills. My mom calls her Millie Jane. She may never know her name! 

I love being her mom! She brings me so much joy and I just want to show her off to everyone! I can't wait to go to CA so everyone can meet her!

My old roommate Sydney made her this adorable quilt!
so cute
Her legs look like an American Girl doll's legs!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I just love her!! Such a cutie :) I can't wait to meet her! (i also love that my quilt made it into her 1month pics!) Love you, Meg! (&Millie&Jordan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I just love her!! Such a cutie :) I can't wait to meet her! (i also love that my quilt made it into her 1month pics!) Love you, Meg! (&Millie&Jordan)

    ReplyDelete