Sunday, October 10, 2010

snip snip

My last day working at Lowe's is October 27th and I am so excited to be done there! I have enjoyed my job there but the 35 minute drive, working Sundays, and limited hours are getting old! I have some exciting news! I am starting hair school at Paul Mitchell on November 1st so I am looking for a part time job after school gets out at 4:30 Monday through Friday! I am very excited about my career decision and I am so excited/nervous to start school! It's something I never thought about doing at all until a few months ago...now I'm sure that's what I want to do and it feels so right for us! Jordan is going to graduate in Economics in April and he is currently applying to jobs like crazy for after graduation. He will work for a while and then continue onto business school or to law school. I love this time in our life! We have nothing but good things going for us now, and we have so much to look forward to! We are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Your career decision seems to be multifaceted for you. I am pleased that you will be doing something that pulls and engages you. My mother was a cosmetologist for @ ten years; she owned three shops, one with ten chairs and two with six chairs each. She worked very, very hard. She has started off by changing our garage into a beauty shop. (One really can't just work out of the home because of all the equipment, the chemicals that can harm children, and she found most women didn't want to actually come into the home) She worked for years in this way. She worked very hard and bought the other beauty shops. Eventually, she gave up on the business because standing on her feet all day was no longer an option, varicose veins-back problems-and other problems she never told me about. For a time, she kept the beauty shops but she decided that trying to keep the booths filled was too much trouble and she decided to go back to college and obtain her degree in art therapy. She did. She was happy. She was happy both ways I suppose. So, I do hope you will be happy. It is hard, hard work so I admire your ability and enthusiasm.
    Uncle Warren

    ReplyDelete