Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I forgot to blog to months...

...and then it seemed to hard to catch up so I kept putting it off for longer, but I am finally up for the challenge but I wish you luck reading it! I think I will break it up a little so it is not so bad. Well, here we go...

For Jordan's birthday I wanted to do something that Jordan would love. He loves trying new things, doing crazy (read: dangerous) things, and he loves adventures. I stick to the things I know and I am very cautious (read: overly anxious and scared) and afraid of heights, so this was a true present for me to go! I took him on a hot air balloon ride!!
There was a 1/2 hour ride before us (where a boy proposed awww) so we got in a van and the driver had a walkie talkie and he was talking to the driver of the balloon about where they were going. So we followed them to a park where they were going to land (I don't think I realized before that there is absolutely zero steering ability besides up and down so you just go where the wind takes you) but they did not get down quick enough so they landed right in the middle of a cul-de-sac (Did you know the plural is culs-de-sac?) and people were looking out their windows and coming out side to see it. How cool would that be to wake up to a hot air balloon landing literally 20 feet from your house??

So we get on and are waiting to take off. I look out and I realize that we are already way up off the ground!! It was so smooth and felt like we were just floating around! It was not scary, even for me!! We had so much fun and would love to do it again someday!!

When were going down to land, the surface winds really started to pick up. When you are trying to land, a 10mph wind is huge!! So we got down to like 5 feet off the ground and we were sailing north! So eventually the driver told us to brace ourselves. Half a second later, we hit the ground and the balloon hopped back up, flew north and then hit down again. Then back up, more north, then back down... you get it. Eventually we stopped for real. haha.
It was so much fun!! Happy birthday Jordan... two months ago!

1 comment:

  1. what a great date!! That is such a fun idea! Have always wanted to ride on one of those

    ReplyDelete