Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall dinner!

I am so excited for fall! I love fall weather, fall clothes, and fall food!! Jordan's favorite thing that I make ever is chili. Random, I know. Here is my EASY and tasty recipe.

1 chopped green bell pepper
1 chopped red bell pepper
1/2 chopped onion
1T vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 can dark kidney beans
1 can light kidney beans
1 can white kidney beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can dices tomatoes
1 small can sliced olives
2 cups water
1/2 packet hot chili mix
1 packet medium chili mix

Saute pepper and onion in oil, set aside. Brown ground beef in a skillet. Add all ingredients (including peppers and beef) to crock pot and cook for 5 hours on low. It has a very strong flavor so we like it with lots of sour cream and cheese. You can dilute with more water for a more mild chili. It is more delicious the next day which is good because this makes SO much chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment